This article may contain references to some of our advertising partners. Should you click on these links, we may be compensated. For more about our advertising policies, read our full disclosure statement here.
Hey party people! Are you ready to make some money? Then we’ve got just the ticket!
As professional bloggers, we’re asked all the time how we make money. While our blog started out as a hobby, this year we’ll make over $250,000 online! It’s hard to believe that it’s happened for us, but it’s true. And one of our sources of income is through affiliate marketing.
So, what the heck is affiliate marketing?
Basically, affiliate marketing is promoting products that other people create. As an affiliate, we earn a small commission when people buy those products using our marketing links. It’s a win-win-win! The consumer gets a great product, the creator sells more stuff, and a we’re able to help our readers plus make a little cash for doing it. And once you learn how to do it, blogging can become one of the best work-at-home jobs around!
To explain how affiliate marketing can work for you, we’ve interviewed our good friend Michelle Schroeder-Gardner. Michelle has turned her blog into a money making machine, bringing in more than $50,000 a month through her affiliate marketing efforts. (Yes, that’s per month!) She’s also created a great affiliate marketing course which I recently completed. There’s a ton of good stuff in there for both new and experienced bloggers.
Of course, you can use our affiliate link to learn more about the “Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing” course here!
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing
1. Your blog is making more than $50,000 per month with affiliate marketing. How long did it take you to get to this point?
I started promoting products on my blog and being an affiliate around 2 years ago, but I didn’t really focus a lot of time on it until around one year ago. Before, I was doing it all wrong and thought that slapping affiliate links was all that I had to do. Due to that, I probably only spent a few minutes each month on affiliate marketing. That was a huge mistake!
I decided to look into affiliate marketing more extensively a little over one year ago. I had always skipped over it, because I thought my blog was too small to make any real money from affiliate marketing. Plus, I just didn’t think it was possible to earn a living from affiliate marketing.
Then, I started applying different affiliate marketing strategies to my blog, and they were working. I saw my blogging income increase dramatically every single month.
Now, I have my affiliate marketing strategy fine tuned and it runs very smoothly. It’s a great source of relatively passive income. Even though my affiliate income is increasing, I’m actually spending minimal time on it!
2. Do you believe anyone with a website and passion for success can see the same type of results?
Yes, I do think it’s possible. I have one-on-one coached a few bloggers on their affiliate marketing strategy, and every single one of those bloggers are now very successful affiliate marketers. With all of them, I mainly just gave them a few actionable tips, and they were able to use those to significantly increase their affiliate income.
I now have a whole course dedicated to helping people increase their affiliate income, so I think this will help bloggers improve even further!
Here’s a testimonial from one of my coaching clients:
“Michelle is unbelievable. I had a decent amount of traffic, but struggled with using affiliates wisely. I used to get really overwhelmed with affiliates and would be disappointed when I didn’t see results from the enormous amount of effort I was putting into it. Michelle was able to quickly identify what needed to be changed and within one month, my income rose 40% and has since quadrupled only 4 months after working with her! My income was $6,469.50 before I talked to Michelle, immediately jumped to $9,362.64 the next month and is now $24,680.25 (four months later) and climbing! Michelle is my go-to person for step by step affiliate income strategy.” – Rosemarie Groner, Budget Guru, The Busy Budgeter
3. What are the three most important things people will learn in your affiliate course? Why are these lessons the most important?
I think the top three most important things people will learn include:
- How to use Pinterest to succeed at affiliate marketing (yes, this includes the newest Pinterest affiliate rules!). I believe Pinterest is extremely important when it comes to affiliate marketing success. Due to this, I have included two very detailed lessons on Pinterest, one that is all about promoting your affiliate products and blog on Pinterest, and another that teaches you exactly how to increase your Pinterest traffic. Pinterest users LOVE to buy products, so affiliate marketing is the perfect fit for this social media platform.
- Different strategies to use to promote your affiliate products. Affiliate marketing is not as easy as just slapping affiliate links on your website and calling it a day. There are many different ways to promote an affiliate product, and I recommend learning about all of them and applying as many as you can to your affiliate marketing strategy.
- How to build trust and not lose followers. In hopes of earning more money, too many new affiliate marketers just sign up for anything and everything when it comes to affiliate marketing. You should only promote products that you have experience with, that you personally trust and believe in, and/or that you have had a positive experience with.
4. Why does affiliate marketing seem so confusing to people? Why do people struggle to implement their own affiliate strategies?
Many bloggers and online influencers skip over affiliate marketing. They either think it’s too hard, that it’s a waste of time, that they will turn followers away, or that their followers just won’t be interested.
Or, others just think that it’s as easy as slapping affiliate links on their website and that they are done. Then, when that doesn’t work, they just don’t think it’s possible for them.
I earn over $50,000 a month through affiliate marketing, and I’m sharing all of my best tips in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. I did the hard part and personally tested all of my methods, so I know they work. Now, all you have to do is apply them to your website!
5. What advice do you have for someone who really wants to earn money online but doesn’t know where to start?
My top tip would be to do as much research as you can. The internet is full of helpful articles that will help you determine which route to take. If you’re interested in blogging, I do have a free How To Start A Blog course that will help you start and launch a blog successfully.
6. Are there any steps someone should take before they sign up for your program? How can people prepare?
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is a great learning tool, even if you are a brand new blogger. By taking this course, you will start off blogging the correct way. You can learn from my affiliate marketing mistakes and learn the best ways to start making an income by being an affiliate. Through taking this course you are sure to grow a profitable blog quicker than the average blogger, as you’ll learn exactly what you need to know about affiliate marketing. So, even if you only have one blog post, you are ready to get started with this course!
Due to the above, as long as you have a blog, social media accounts, an email list, or some other type of following, you are already ready to start this course. If you don’t have any of those, though, then you can start off with my free How To Start A Blog course that I mentioned above.
Related: How to Start a Blog in 6 Easy Steps
7. Do you have any parting thoughts for people who want to recreate the type of success you have had?
If you want to be successful with affiliate marketing, you really need to put some time into it, especially in the beginning.
I recommend making sure that everything you are promoting is relevant to your audience, because if it’s not relevant, then it will be quite hard to successfully promote something to your audience. So many people just try to copy what other successful affiliate marketers do, and that won’t always work!
Instead, learn as much as you can about your audience, build trust with them, and only promote products that you truly believe in.
My course, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing, is for you if:
- You want to have a profitable blog.
- You want to improve your blogging income even further.
- You want to earn income while you sleep.
- You want to write a blog post and earn money from it for years down the line, with minimal work needed.
- You tried affiliate marketing but haven’t had any luck.
- You want to spend more time with your loved ones and have a better work-life balance.
- You love blogging and want to be able to grow your blog, build trust with your audience, and help more people!
In this course there are 6 modules, over 30 lessons, several worksheets, bonuses, an extremely helpful and exclusive Facebook group, and more. I go through everything that you need to know about affiliate marketing, and more!
If you want to make more money from your blog, affiliate marketing is key to your future success! But, great affiliate marketers aren’t just born. There are specific techniques that you need to follow in order for it to work for you. Michelle has done a great job of laying it all out for you, in an easy to follow, step-by-step format. Whether your new to blogging or have been doing it for years, it’s definitely worth checking out her “Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing” course. Follow the link below for more details!