Last modified: May 05, 2018
strong>What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, State of Residence or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To present our site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information about your newsletter subscription.
- To carry out, evaluate and improve our business (which may include sharing your information with our agents and third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as data analytics, developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications).
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features.
- To send periodic emails or other forms of contact regarding orders you have submitted, products/services/events we believe may interest you, and information about any newsletters to which you may have subscribed.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To provide or refer you to specific products or services that you specifically request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our site.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of and serve advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
• DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Controlling Your Information and Opting out:
Opting out of Internet Based Advertising (IBA):
You may control your personal information and advertising choices at http://optout.aboutads.info. You may also opt out of receiving IBA from many sites by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) at the DAA consumer choice service and the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) at the NAI Service. Please note that all tools provided at the DAA opt-out page and NAI opt-out page are provided by third parties, not Club Thrifty.
As a courtesy, opt-out links for other third-party services we may use are listed below. Please note that opting out may mean you receive an “opt-out” cookie. This helps networks understand not to assign you new cookies moving forward. Although you will continue to be served ads, these ads are not targeted by your online behaviors. Erasing your browser cookies may require you to complete this process again. Note that these opt-out programs and options are are controlled by third parties. Club Thrifty is not responsible for the accuracy of any claims regarding these programs or for their effectiveness and/or compliance.
Alexa Opt-Out Link
Double Click Opt-Out Link
Facebook Opt-Out Link
Google Opt-Out Link
Google Analytics Opt-Out Link
Google Retargeting Opt-Out Link
Parsley Opt-Out Link
Piwik Opt-Out Link
Scorecardresearch Opt-Out Link
Taboola Opt-Out Link
Quantcast Opt-Out Link
Yahoo Opt-Out Link
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
- By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old and do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13 years of age on this site. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we are happy to delete that information. Please contact us at email@example.com with concerns.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email:
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Club Thrifty Media, LLC
P.O. Box 6240, Noblesville, IN 46060
Use of Email
Any emails sent to Club Thrifty are considered to be property of Club Thrifty Media, LLC. Please be aware that your tips or questions may be published on the website, though we will refrain from posting personally identifiable information.
Use of Comments
This site permits readers to leave comments expressing their views about the articles published on Club Thrifty. However, you are solely responsible for the materials you post here. By using Club Thrifty, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this website and its agents with respect to any claims based upon the transmission of your messages.
We are not responsible for the the accuracy or usefulness of any information posted, nor do we warrant or vouch for the contents of any message. Comments express the views of the author of the message only. Comments do not reflect the opinions of this website’s administrators or bloggers.
Comments, responses, and other user-generated content is not provided or commissioned by this site or our advertisers. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by this website or our advertisers. It is not the responsibility of our advertisers or this website to ensure that all comments and/or questions are answered.
If you chose to leave a comment, you agree to keep your comments:
- relevant to the topic
- respectful of others, and
- suitable for a family forum
You shall refrain from posting any material that:
- is abusive
- contains knowingly false statements, libel, or slander
- infringes upon the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property of others
- contains excessive use of foul language (note excessive)
- contains references to adult content
- contains spam or unwanted commercial solicitations
- violates any laws or legal rights of other persons or entities
Additionally, the following policy applies to all comments on Club Thrifty:
- By posting a comment, you grant us the right to use, display, republish, sell, alter, or delete your comment in any way and for any reason.
- You, the author, may not edit or remove your comments once they are posted. Furthermore, it is not our responsibility or duty to delete or edit your comment in any way at your request; however, we do reserve the right to edit your comment at our complete discretion.
- This policy is subject to change at any time without notice.
- Unsolicited commercial comments are not allowed.