*Tap tap tap* Is this thing still on? Are we still here? If we are, it appears that we have avoided the apocalyptic predictions of the Mayans. Of course, the day is not over so it could all go to hell at any second. But, for now I guess we are safe. So, “Happy Not the End of the World Day!” You know that means? It is also “Happy First Day of Winter Day!” To be honest, I’m not completely sure that we lucked out on that one.
Soooo….Welcome to Club Thrifty’s VIP Club Roundup!!! Before we start, take a minute to check out our iPad3 giveaway, subscribe to our blog, follow us on Twitter, and like us on Facebook. All the cool kids are doing it!
After you’ve done that, sit back and get ready to be wowed! You know we like to bring the awesome sauce up in this joint, so prepare to have your socks rocked off!
All kidding aside, we are participating in the national moment of silence today for the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary tragedy which took place one week ago. Being parents of two young children, we have been both deeply saddened and disturbed by this senseless act of violence against these innocent children and the adult heroes who attempted to protect them. It is with heavy hearts that we observe this moment of silence between 9:30 and 9:35 A.M. E.S.T. Please join us as our website will go “dark” for these 5 minutes in honor of those who lost their lives. For more information, you can go to webmomentofsilence.org.
Now, on with the show…
Here is a listing of our swank posts from this week:
- Relocating Abroad: The Real Price to Pay
- Confessions of a Cheap-Ass Santa
- The Difficulties of Shopping for My Wife
- Christmas Shopping Budgeting Tips
Here are some of the interesting search terms that brought people to our website this week!
- people being stupid
- why save for retirement if you are just going to die – I hope you weren’t counting on the Mayan prophecies or you may have a problem
- einladung 40 vip – OK?
- rich as a lannister – You know I always love that one!
- emails from craigslist just the title of my ad nothing else
- cheap ass stuff for christmas
- do i suck at work or is my job toxic – Possibly both?
- pretty nice young sisters ass for christmas – Ummmm…I told you to quit contacting us. Holly’s ass is not for sale!
What is Holly Obsessed With This Week?
This week, Holly is obsessed with living. She really hopes that you are reading this right now and that all of the Mayan predictions aren’t true. She’d be totally bummed if she missed out on the sweet vacations she has planned. Just to make you jealous, here is a photo of where we are going. Read it and weep…or something…
Top Posts of the Week
Here are some of our favorite posts from the week:
- Average Joe from The Free Financial Advisor guest posts over at Modest Money and explains how to Plan for the End of Days.
- Mr. CBB provides his Beginners Guide to Early Retirement at Canadian Budget Binder.
- For you singles out there, Kathleen at Frugal Portland discusses the Pros and Cons of Online Dating.
- Jacob at iHeartbudgets discusses Your End of the World Budget.
- Daisy at …Add Vodka has been keeping a big secret from us all! Congrats again!
- We really want to attend Kim’s frugal yet rockin’ holiday party at Eyes on the Dollar.
- Michelle at See Debt Run lists some great part-time jobs for busy parents.
- The POP’s wonder what to give the renters for Christmas over at Planting Our Pennies.
- Krantcents believes that Progress is Never a Straight Line.
- Justin at The Frugal Path doesn’t want “I Can’t” to become a barrier to your wealth.
- Veronica at Pelican on Money had a great interview with Grayson from Debt Roundup about starting an Online Store.
- John from Frugal Rules talked about taking the plunge and becoming self-employed.
- Justin at The Family Finances tells us about getting frugal haircuts.
- Glen at Monster Piggy Bank keeps us safe with 30 Tips to Stay Safe on the Internet.
- Eddie at Finance Fox asks Why Are Americans Clueless About Canada?
Whew! I know there are others out there that I forgot to write down. If I missed you, I’ll try to get you back next week!
Thanks to everybody for all of their awesome support! If you’ve made it through this far, you deserve something nice. How about heading over to our VIP Club page and picking up your button? Will that work?
Thanks again, and we hope you have a great week!!!
Want to learn how to start a blog and make extra money? Now you can! Starting a blog helped us to get out of debt, quit our day jobs, and live the life of our dreams. Now, we’ve created an complete guide to help get your blog up and running in just 6 easy steps. Have fun, be creative, and (hopefully) make some money on the side! Click the link to get started with your own blog today!