Welcome back to Club Thrifty’s VIP Club Roundup! This is the place where we bring you all of the awesomeness happening elsewhere in the personal finance blogosphere. But, before we begin, here is a listing of some of our recent articles:
- Things I’d Rather Hire Somebody Else to Do
- Saving for Retirement: Don’t Make Excuses
- Tips for Job Seekers – The “What Not to Do” Edition
- Extreme Couponing: To the Brink of Insanity and Back
- My Favorite Christmas Memories
- Saving Money Grocery Shopping…and a Giveaway!!!
- How Much Money is Enough?
We have also been lucky enough to have Holly guest post at Get Rich Slowly twice (Churning Credit Cards for a Fun Profit; Preparing for the Inevitable) and at Modest Money (5 Reasons I’m Buying Less for My Kid this Christmas) this week. With that shameless plug out of the way, let’s get on with the show!!!
Favorite Search Terms
As always, here are some of our favorite search terms that brough people to Club Thrifty over the past week:
stealing at toys r us as employee – Hmmm….
even the price of lots of things is inflating, she will not reduce her consumption mainly because she thought that christmas and new year is a special festival to celebrate.
my wife in club outfit at the mall
smart reply to ”id buck you off a cliff’ – “Go ahead and try it???”
i hate when i go online to do something specific – I guess you should go online to do something general?
how do the lannisters get so rich – I always love that one, which brings us too…
What is Holly Obsessed With This Week?
This week, Holly is obsessed with waiting for Game of Thrones Season 2 to come out on video. As many of you may know, we do not have cable. HBO does not make their programming available to purchase unless you have cable – which is a huge wasted opportunity BTW. So, we thought about buying a pirated version of GOT Season 2, but we decided that we didn’t want to sit in front of the computer for 10 hours to watch it. We’ll just wait until February when it hits Amazon streaming. For now, we’ll just have to enjoy the trailers…like this one!
Top Posts of the Week
In no particular order, here is a listing of our 7 favorite posts from other bloggers this week:
- Optimizing Images for Your Blog at Modest Money
- Battle of the Bulge – Losing Weight With the Help of a Scale at Mo Money, Mo Houses
- When Did You Realize that Money Is Important? at The Family Finances
- Believing in Yourself at Budget and the Beach
- How to Save Money: Using Cash Envelopes at iHeartbudgets
- 15 Reasons Waterbeds are for Suckers at LenPenzo.com
- Bank Sales in Canada…Not the Same as Bank Foreclosures in the U.S.A. at Canadian Budget Binder
Also, we want to make special mention of a new website that Holly’s brother started called Big Family Finance. You may remember that he posted an article on Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts a couple of weeks ago for us. Head on over there and give his site some love!
Thank you so much to everybody for all of the support! Don’t forget to sign up for the giveaway in which we are participating! You can also find your VIP Club badge by clicking the link. Thanks again and have a great weekend!
Tired of carrying around student loan debt? Interested in finding a way to save money on student loan repayments?Refinancing your student loans can potentially save you thousands of dollars. However, refinancing isn’t the best option for everybody. Luckily, we’ve broken it all down for you! Click here to read “Should I Refinance My Student Loans?” and learn what to consider before deciding to refinance.