Welcome back to Club Thrifty’s VIP Club Roundup! As always, we are here to bring the awesome sauce to your personal finance reading, so let’s get right to this week’s roundup!
Just in case you missed them, here is a rundown of what we have published this week:
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Options for Your Structured Settlement Annuity
- I Am a Cheap-Ass Santa: A Christmas Shopping Rant
- The Amazing Power of Debt
What is Holly Obsessed With This Week?
Last week, we started a fun little segment called “What is Holly Obsessed With This Week?”. In case you didn’t know, Holly likes things. Sometimes she really likes things…a lot. She tends to get focused on something and not be able to stop. So, we thought we’d share some of those things with you.
This week, Holly is obsessed with all of the people who are freaking out about the fiscal cliff and ObamaCare. There is a lot of crazy going on over these manufactured crises right now. Apparently, threatening your employees when elections don’t go your way has become in vogue. As we’ll see soon, the sky isn’t falling. Not every business in America is going to have to close its doors. It will be OK. For now, let’s just think about the beach and enjoy this video.
Oh, and via a request from Jacob at iHeartbudgets, here is a picture of our new furniture! We finally got it…even though it isn’t the right couch. We get to keep this one as a loaner until our real stuff comes in.
Top 5 Posts of the Week
Each week, we try to mention some of our favorite posts from around the personal finance blogosphere. Here are some of our favorites from this week!
- Mr. CBB at Canadian Budget Binder shares his best financial tip with all of us.
- L. Bee shares “3 Things My Mother Taught Me About Personal Finance.”
- Kim at Eyes on the Dollar explains how obesity in America is costly for all.
- David at Prairie Eco-Thrifter gets another nod for “Heat Yourself Not Your Home This Winter.”
- Veronica at Pelican on Money shares her secret formula for living comfortably.
- (Bonus) Don’t miss Average Joe’s identity revealed!
Thank you so much to everybody who mentioned us this week! Thanks especially to everybody who has been reading our blog. When we started this blog almost 6 months ago, we never imagined that 20 people would read our blog, much less hundreds. So, thank you so much!
For those of you who haven’t yet, be sure to grab your VIP Club badge! Thanks again and have a great rest of the weekend!
Want to learn how to start a blog and make extra money? Now you can! Starting a blog helped us to get out of debt, quit our day jobs, and live the life of our dreams. Now, we’ve created an complete guide to help get your blog up and running in just 6 easy steps. Have fun, be creative, and (hopefully) make some money on the side! Click the link to get started with your own blog today!