As well all know, designer clothes can come with a hefty price tag. However, you don’t always have to pay high prices to get stylish designer wear. Sure, it’s ridiculous to shop for high-end clothing on a daily basis if you’re watching your budget, but shopping for designer wear every once in a while is great for special occasions. Read on to learn how you can do so without breaking the bank.
Know Where to Shop
Knowing where to get great savings is a big part of being a savvy shopper. So, here are some places where you can find designer wear at a price you can afford:
- Department Stores: Major department store chains have great specials on designer wear. Nordstrom Rack, for instance, is Nordstrom’s discount-price division that sells designer items at affordable prices. Typically, you can also find a sale section on their websites for designer clothing from featured brands. You can be sure to find amazing deals on everything from hoodies and knit tops to maxi dresses and gorgeous gowns.
- Retail Stores: Retail stores offer frequent discounts throughout the year, so buying from your favorite designers at their retail locations is another way to get incredible savings. Regular customers may also be offered extra discounts if they’re lucky.
- Outlet Malls: It’s common to find designer brands in outlet malls. Running an outlet store is a way for brands to sell their surplus merchandise or those items that didn’t sell as well.
Shopping for second-hand designer clothes is another practical way to save. Formal designer wear is often only worn once, so the clothing is usually in mint condition. If you don’t mind buying second-hand, then check out the following:
- Consignment Stores: A consignment store agrees to sell an individual’s used items for a fee. Consignment store owners will usually only accept items that pass their high quality standards. This means you’re likely to find items in great condition at these locations.
- Thrift Stores: As one would expect, the selection at thrift stores is a bit more diverse than that of consignment stores. You’ll find every style of clothing here, and that includes designer clothes. However, these stores are not as organized as consignment stores so you’ll most likely have to spend some time hunting for a dress. Though when you do find that gem, the extra savings will definitely be worth the effort.
Take Advantage of Seasonal Sale Offers
As noted in this list of tips to save on clothes, stores normally offer end of a season sales to clear stock for upcoming merchandise. But there are also mid-season sales happening all the time and a few even offer start-of-season sale on new items. So, watch out for these opportunities to get a good discounted price on designer wear. Some other tips:
Make Use of Coupons
Another excellent way to score an incredible deal is to use coupons. Coupons are not just for groceries anymore, you can use them to slash the prices of luxury items like designer clothes. For example, you can find a Nordstrom coupon from a site like Ebates.com and get up to 40 percent off during their designer wear clearance or designer collection sale with an additional cash back offer.
Focus on Style Instead of the Brand
Although you might have your absolute favorite designer brands, don’t use that as an excuse to limit yourself. If you really want to score a great deal, explore the works of other designers. When shopping for formal designer wear, in particular, choose something based on the style that suits you best instead of the brand. You may find a cheaper but more stylish dress by a designer that you might not have considered otherwise. It’s certainly better to buy a dress that looks and feels great than end up in something mediocre from a bigger name.
Swap Designer Clothes
Some designer stores and online marketplaces offer fashion-lovers the chance to swap new, gently used or unwanted designer clothes. The concept is similar to clothes swapping parties where women trade styles with their friends. In a marketplace setting, you can list those items you no longer want or any impulse purchases you’re regretting. Listed items are put up for a swap. If you’re interested in swapping with someone, you may have to shell out just a few hundred bucks to get a new designer dress in exchange for your item. This can mean big savings on coveted high-end items from top brands, which can normally cost thousands of dollars.
How do you save on designer clothes?
Want to learn how to start a blog and make extra money? Now you can! Starting a blog helped us to get out of debt, quit our day jobs, and live the life of our dreams. Now, we’ve created an complete guide to help get your blog up and running in just 6 easy steps. Have fun, be creative, and (hopefully) make some money on the side! Click the link to get started with your own blog today!