Want to earn extra cash while waiting in line for an appointment, cruising public transit, or even chilling on your own couch? It sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it?
While it won’t fund your retirement, Survey Club is an easy way to pick up a little bit of “fun money” without much effort. We’ve gathered the details for you right here. Let’s dive into what it can offer you so you can decide if it’s a good fit.
What is Survey Club?
Survey Club is an online platform that recruits and matches members with companies conducting market research. In order to improve their offerings and therefore, their profits, they need consumer opinions.
That’s where you come in! Survey Club tracks down companies doing online surveys, focus groups, clinical trials, mystery shopping studies, and more and connects members to them.
Founded in 2005, Survey Club is now over 16 million members strong. Its members, who come from six continents, are earning real money every day through simple tasks and giving their opinions.
Market Research 101
Ever heard of Apple? How about McDonald’s? Verizon Wireless? These are just a few of the major corporations who conduct regular market research.
Businesses use market research to determine what products or services are needed, who is likely to purchase them, and what improvements current customers want to see. By knowing the mind of its customers, an organization can better serve them.
As part of market research, you’re a powerful tool in helping narrow down a company’s mission and goals. Your opinions can have a tangible impact on the market! In other words, your opinions help determine the types of products and services that are available.
How to Make Money with Survey Club
Once you select a study or survey that looks good to you, you’ll answer a few simple questions about yourself that determine your eligibility. Often, you’ll start a survey but once those first couple of questions are out of the way, you’re taken out of consideration.
Some of these are purely about demographics, like age and gender, but others take lifestyle into consideration (your shopping habits, for example).
It may seem unfair, but when companies want to find out information, it’s always for sales purposes. If they’re marketing to moms between ages 25-34, for example, you’ve got to fit into that key demographic to qualify.
You may be invited to join panels that pay for your opinion. Companies are also able to post their studies directly to the Survey Club website.
Members are able to earn a variety of rewards as compensation for their time and opinions. You can participate in focus groups, surveys, product tests, and more to earn rewards.
Types of Compensation from Survey Panels
- Prepaid debit cards
- Gift cards
- Prize drawings
- Cash sweepstakes
- Charitable contributions
Odds are, just about anyone can pick a reward that’s convenient for them! If you are part of a survey sent to you directly from Survey Club, the payment is in cash.
You’ll need to accumulate at least $25 in rewards before requesting payment. The payment amounts vary from one focus group or panel to the next.
Is Survey Club a Legitimate Way to Make Money?
Survey Club pays its members to take part in surveys and studies, so yeah, it’s totally legit! Sometimes it’s confusing because people equate the word “legitimate” with “get rich quick”, which is an incorrect expectation.
If you like the idea of making money in a simple way, at times when you wouldn’t be doing anything else anyway, then Survey Club can work for you. It’s not a scam, because it pays actual money for your time and effort.
Will you get rich from taking surveys? Of course not.
If you’re looking for bigger earnings, you should consider a side gig. But step into Survey Club with a realistic point of view and you won’t be disappointed. It’s an easy way to earn a little “fun” money each month.
Maybe you’ll complete surveys while waiting for a dental appointment, sitting outside your kid’s gymnastics lesson, or while binge-watching Parks and Rec on Netflix for the fifth time.
Whatever the case, Survey Club is an easy – and legitimate – way to make a little extra money!
Advantages of Survey Club
Convenience – As you know, surveys are something members can do whenever it’s convenient for them. That’s the major draw of participating in online surveys – you can do them from anywhere! You can’t really beat the convenience of a company like this. (Now, of course, if you’re selected for a local focus group, that may mean going to a specific location briefly.) Otherwise, you’re totally online.
No Special Skills Needed – There’s no special training required to be a part of Survey Club. You don’t need a specific degree or skill set, just your own mind. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Occasional Big Payouts – While rare, you may encounter a panel or focus group once in a while that really pays big money.
Disadvantages of Survey Club
Hard to Qualify for Many Studies – You won’t be able to do every survey or study on the website. Only qualifying for a limited number of surveys means you can’t expect a ton of earning opportunities.
Low Earning Potential – This site isn’t going to replace your full-time job (or part-time job). You just can’t earn that much with surveys and studies. Filling out surveys pays just a little bit of money. So anyone claiming they make a full-time income from this type of thing is stretching the truth – big time!
Not a Regular Source of Income – One month you might be selected for a bunch of surveys or focus groups, and the next, you might hear nothing. You can’t count on a steady cash flow here.
Who is Survey Club Best For?
- People with Small Amounts of Free Time – When you have short bursts of time that are unfilled, why not jump onto the Survey Club website to answer a few questions? It’s an easy way to earn a bit of cash!
- People Who Just Want a Little Extra Cash – If you’re someone who just wants a few extra bucks for a fun night out with friends, Survey Club is a great option. You can earn those small amounts of money that add up over time. Even if you only bring in $5 or $10 a month, it’s better than nothing!
Who Should Avoid Survey Club?
- People Looking for Full-Time Income – This is not a job. It’s not going to pay your bills. You need to be cool with not earning a whole lot if you sign up.
- People Who Need Quick Money – If you are having a financial crises and need money right now, don’t count on making it from a survey site. Use Survey Club as a supplement to your income, not as a replacement.
- People Who Don’t Like Sharing Their Opinions – This should seem obvious, but let’s say it anyway: If you don’t want to give your opinion, don’t join Survey Club. Some of us are more private about our lives and our personal opinions, and that’s okay. If you don’t like sharing your thoughts on products or services, or you can’t give the company basic identifying details, you probably shouldn’t try Survey Club.
- People Who Won’t Be Honest – If you’re not planning on being completely honest in your responses, you should steer clear of any survey site. You might be tempted to slightly “fudge” your answers to try telling the company what they want to hear to increase your chances, but it’s not a great plan.
You’ll only need to fit a couple of requirements to sign up with Survey Club:
- Be at least age 13 or older (some similar platforms are only for ages 18 and up)
- Live in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, or Australia
That’s it! After that, it’s up to you and your interests.
How to Sign Up
Joining Survey Club couldn’t be easier. Just sign up here and provide as many personal details as you can (this helps narrow down which types of studies you qualify for).
Your profile includes basic facts such as age, gender, marital status, education level, and household income. It only takes a few minutes to complete your profile. Survey Club gathers your details to figure out which surveys or studies you fit.
So, now you know – Survey Club is legit! People all over the world are earning extra money for simple tasks that just take a bit of time and an internet connection.
A side gig doesn’t have to make you thousands of dollars to be considered a legitimate way to make money. So, be sure to temper your expectations and understand that surveys are just a resource to earn a bit of bonus money. It’s not going to majorly change your life.
If sharing your opinion is up your alley and you just want a few extra dollars, why not give Survey Club a try?
What’s your favorite way to spend extra cash? Let us know in the comments!