Yep, you read that right. I just wrote a check for $8,700….and it hurt….a little. Luckily, it wasn’t for a used Ford Focus or a set of breast implants. The check I wrote was toward our mortgage, and I think it is the biggest payment we have ever made. We usually can’t pay anywhere near $8,700. However, this month was special. We finally took a big chunk of our online income out of the bank and did something with it. It felt weird and exciting all at the same time!
We also set up an awesome mortgage spreadsheet to track our progress to the penny (and to make sure that the mortgage company isn’t messing up any of our prepayments).
BAM! How do you like them apples?
Now, on to my favorite posts from the week. Check out these VIP’s:
- Budget & the Beach wrote about creating wealth that matters.
- Lance at Money, Life & More wrote about the awesome Chase Freedom Card. Check it out!
- Financial Samurai wrote about which is better- real estate or stocks? My personal vote is for real estate!
- The Other Guy at The Free Financial Advisor rationalized his spending and gave frugal the finger. Don’t worry, OG. We’ve all been there.
- Debt Roundup asks if credit cards can actually help you be frugal. My answer is yes!!!
- Carrie at Carefulcents wrote about why she decided to quit her job.
Have a great weekend everybody! We’ll catch you on the flip side!