The VIP Club
Welcome to Club Thrifty’s VIP Club! We hope you’ll join us on our journey to financial freedom by living our motto: stop spending and start living. Sign up below and join the VIP Club today!
What is the VIP Club?
Being a VIP Club member at Club Thrifty means becoming a personal finance rock star! We want you to succeed financially, and we’d love to help you get there! That is why we’ve started the VIP Club.
We believe that before you can truly be in control of your life, you first need to be in control of your finances. That is why we encourage you to stop spending on frivolous wants. This may require a little work on your part. You may need to change your priorities. You may need to ask yourself, “Why do I want to buy this?” You might even have to learn to tell yourself “no.” But stick with us! It may be a bit painful at first, but the payoff is going to be super sweet!
Once you have stopped spending, then you can truly start living. When you finally stop craving things that you don’t need, you can start focusing the things you really want out of life. After you’ve broken free from the chains of debt, you can begin to live your life without the fear of losing everything. You can start living in a way that you only dreamed possible. Trust us. It has happened for us already.
How to Become a VIP Club Member
Becoming a VIP Club Member is easy! All we ask is that you to pledge to take action in the following areas of your own life:
- Budget – We firmly believe that a written budget is the #1 key to financial success. Therefore, each month, we expect every member to do a monthly WRITTEN budget. This can include using a pen and paper, a spreadsheet, or the envelope method. However, we expect all VIP Club members to consciously write out a budget each and every month.
- Debt – We believe that debt is the biggest obstacle to building wealth. Before we can create wealth, we need to first pay off our debts. Once we get our debt under control – meaning GONE – then we can use our income to build wealth at a rapid pace. VIP Club members who have debt should be actively paying of that debt with a laser-like focus.
- Savings – One of the biggest stumbling blocks for people who are trying to get rid of debt and build wealth is to have something unexpected happen. The reason that these events are so detrimental is that we have not prepared for them. Whether you are still paying off debt or are in the process of building wealth, everybody needs to have an emergency savings fund. We expect all VIP Club members to do the same.
- Retirement – Building wealth is a marathon, not a sprint. We want all VIP Club members to take a far-sighted view of their financial picture. We want you to be thinking about your future. Depending on where you are in your debt repayment plan, all VIP Club members should be saving for retirement.
It seems pretty easy, right? Then, what are you waiting for?!? Get started right away!
Of course, we are not going to check up on you to make sure that you are doing all of these things. You are on your honor to stay diligent to these guidelines. However, we believe that these guidelines will help to make you rich. Just remember, you’ll get out of it what you put in. We can’t do the work for you, but we are here to help! For those of you who may need a little extra guidance, we’ve put together a step-by-step plan on how to become debt free. Please use that article as a guide and this website to help keep you motivated.
(Special Note for Bloggers – If you have been mentioned in one of our VIP Club Roundups, we consider you part of the VIP Club. We expect that you are probably following the steps above already. Read below for instructions on posting a button to your site.)
Paste the Button, Leave a Comment
So, you’ve decided that you’d like to take control of your financial life and become a Club Thrifty VIP Club member. Congratulations and welcome to the club! If you are a blogger, we’d love for to show your VIP Club pride by posting one of the our buttons on your blog (please see below). Once you’ve posted the button, simply leave a comment on this page and we will add you to our list. Not a blogger? Just leave a comment below with your first name, last name or initial, and your city of residence and we will put you on the VIP Club member list!
Thanks again for your interest in Club Thrifty’s VIP Club! We wish you great financial success! We know you can get there if you stop spending and start living!
VIP Club Member List
1) Mr. CBB at Canadian Budget Binder
2) Jacob at iHeartBudgets
3) Kim at Eyesonthedollar
4) Jim M. from Arvada, CO
5) James at Free in Ten Years
6) Alexa at Single Moms Income
8) Kyle at Debt Free Diaries
9) Budget Guy at Budget Strong
10) Tiffany K.
11) Lindsey R.
12) Brad at My Nerd Thoughts
13) Rea Echano – Phillipines
14) Elnora Agustin – White Rock, British Columbia
16) Aldo at Million Dollar Ninja
17) K at One more BROKE TWNETY-SOMETHING
18) Fehmeen at TopMoneyHacks.com