This article may contain references to some of our advertising partners. Should you click on these links, we may be compensated. For more about our advertising policies, read our full disclosure statement here.
I have something to confess. First off, today’s post isn’t about personal finance. So, if you are looking for solid personal finance advice, today is not the day. Still here? Don’t say I didn’t warn you…
I don’t want to brag….but I want everyone to know that I think I have the most amazing husband in the universe. And since we aren’t spending money on Valentine’s Day gifts for each other, I wanted to give him something that he deserves every day of the year; gratitude. I truly believe that I have been blessed with the most amazing husband EVER, and I wanted to take a moment to tell everyone why.
5 Reasons Why My Husband Is Awesome
1. He’s an amazing father. I swear…this is where I really hit gold. Seeing my husband with my two daughters truly melts my heart. He’s gentle and patient with them. He doesn’t mind playing girly games. He’s a funny, caring, and kind father who does anything and everything for his two little girls. He changes diapers. He makes their meals. He does whatever it takes to make them feel safe and loved and cared for.
2. He’s an amazing husband. This past Sunday, he let me sleep in until 10:00 a.m. It felt amazing, and when I woke up he had my coffee brewing. I’m sorry, but that is just plain sexy. He is always thoughtful and caring. He’s always willing to help me with the physical things I cannot do because of my back problems. He always thinks about my feelings. He is thoughtful, loving, and kind. In summary, he is better than I could have ever hoped for.
3. He shares my dreams. Somewhere along the way, we ended up with the same dreams for our lives – traveling the world, paying for our kids college, becoming completely debt free….These are all things that he wants just as bad as I do. It is awesome to have dreams and goals in common, and we are both hellbent on achieving them. I love sharing our bucket list and the fact that we are starting to turn some of our dreams into reality.
4. He’s amazing with money. Money isn’t everything, but I do have to give my husband props for working so hard to create a stable environment for our family. He works 50 hours or more at his regular job a week. Plus, he puts in another 15-25 hours per week freelance writing and on our blog. He generally finds time to do this by getting up at 5:00 a.m. and staying up late. A lot of people wouldn’t put that kind of effort into anything, so I am super appreciative of all of his hard work.
5. He’s intelligent and selfless. I love having a man who can see things through the eyes of others and not only in his own selfish point of view. He’s caring, kind, and truly thinks of others and how his actions may impact them. He spends time reading about the world’s problems and actually caring about them. I love being married to someone who can think outside of himself and realize that it’s a big world out there. He knows that he is only a small part of it.
So….are you tired of all of this sappy crap yet? I truly apologize for the off-topic rant but I just couldn’t help myself. My husband is amazing, and I hope I embarrassed him a bit. Happy early Valentine’s Day!
Do you have an amazing spouse or significant other? Proclaim your love in the comments below!!!