Apply for our scholarship!
At Club Thrifty, we believe financial education and sound money management leads to a life filled with freedom and possibilities.
We also believe that healthy money habits aren’t inherited; they are learned. Once acquired, sound money skills can last a lifetime. That’s why it’s important that financial literacy starts at home.
Most importantly, we believe all people – including young adults – have the best chance to succeed when they are not burdened by the heavy chains of debt. Although a college education is often one of the best investments that can be made, far too often, we see young adults make major financial decisions without understanding their long-lasting consequences. In the absence of proper consideration, these young people frequently find themselves under great financial strain which affects their chances of success for the rest of their lives.
Part of our mission is to educate parents and students about the destructive power of debt. We aim to provide others with the tools they need to create a solid, long-term plan that accounts for both the educational and financial outcomes they desire. By thinking through each decision and basing them on solid financial practices, we believe many more students will be able to start their adult lives in a much stronger financial position.
To that end, Club Thrifty is pleased to announce our $1,000 annual scholarship contest!
It is our hope that this scholarship will assist graduating high school seniors and current undergraduates with managing the costs of their college education. As importantly, we hope this scholarship opportunity sparks a conversation between parents and students about how they plan to pay for college, their expected return on investment, and how to implement healthy money habits throughout their lives.
About the Scholarship
Note: Applications for the scholarship are currently closed. Please check back after January 01, 2022 for more information.
Club Thrifty is offering a $1,000 college scholarship available to at least one graduating high school senior or current undergraduate student each year. Applications will be accepted from January 2nd, 2021 until June 30th, 2021. A winner will be selected by August 1st, 2021. Should we not be able to reach the winner within seven days, we will select another winner.
This scholarship contest will be held on an annual basis. A contest winner (or winners) will be selected by our scholarship committee, and all decisions are final. Scholarships are non-renewable and applicants must submit a new application each year. Awards will be received in a one-time lump sum payment.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior or currently enrolled in an undergraduate college, university, or trade school.
- Upon being awarded the scholarship, provide proof of enrollment in an undergraduate college, university, or trade school for the fall 2021 term.
- Complete and submit the application prior to the application deadline. (New applications must be received each year.)
- Be an American citizen.
How to Apply
Applying for the Club Thrifty scholarship program is easy. Simply follow these steps to get started:
- Write a 500-750 word essay answering the following questions:
- How do you (or will you) save money while attending college?
- What steps are you actively taking to minimize your student loan debt?
- (Note: Essays below 500 words or above 750 words will not be considered.)
- Email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Scholarship 2021” and include the following information:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Current grade level
- Name, city, and state of high school or college you currently attend
- Name, city, and state of college, university, or trade school you will attend for Fall 2021 term
- Submit your essay and application information prior to the application deadline.
Release and Terms of Agreement: By submitting an application for this scholarship, you grant Club Thrifty Media, LLC the irrevocable right to distribute your essay and grant Club Thrifty Media, LLC permission to the rights of displaying your image, likeness, and voice for promotional or other purposes. You also waive the right to inspect any finished product containing your image, likeness, and voice, waive any right to royalties or other compensation, and release Club Thrifty Media, LLC from any claims, damages, losses, or liabilities related to the use of these items.
Deadline for Applications: Applications are currently closed. Please check back after January 01, 2022 for more information.
Winner(s) will be selected by August 1st, 2021. If we are unable to make contact with the winner within seven days, a new winner will be selected at the discretion of our scholarship committee.
As a reminder, this contest will be held on an annual basis. Applicants must reapply each year to be eligible.
2018 – Madison Cooksey, Greenfield Central High School (Greenfield, IN)/IUPUI (Indianapolis, IN)
2019 – Cecilia Perez, Virginia Western Community College (Roanoke, VA)/Radford University (Radford, VA)
2020 – J’ya Hunter, North Carolina A&T State University (Greensboro, NC)
Articles You Might Like:
- Choosing a College: The Complete Guide to Finding the Best Fit for You
- Best Student Loan Refinancing Companies
- FedLoan: Common Servicing Problems and How to Avoid Them
- The Ultimate Guide to Using myFedLoan
- Credible Review: A Great Way to Find the Best Student Loans
- Should I Refinance My Student Loans?
- Should I Pay Off My Student Loans or Invest?