While there are a ton of ways to make travel more affordable, one of my favorite ways to save money on travel is via my favorite travel credit cards. I love cards that offer flexible travel points, but I am also obsessed with airline miles and hotel points. By collecting all different kinds of travel currencies, my family is able to travel further from home and stay in nicer places than we would pay for otherwise.
One travel program I’m just getting to know is the Radisson Rewards program – which was formerly known as the Club Carlson program. This hotel program makes it easy to rack up points for stays in Radisson Blu, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson properties, among others.
The Benefits of Radisson Rewards
While Radisson Rewards is a program I haven’t used a lot, I’m pretty stoked about their rewards card offerings as well as their redemption rates. A free stay at a Radisson Hotel Group property starts at just 9,000 points per night, and even their highest tier properties are capped at just 70,000 points per night. While that’s a lot of points, it’s still less than you’d pay for a stay at a top-tier property with some other hotel programs like Hilton Honors.
Plus, there’s a ton of value to be had with certain Radisson Hotel Group properties worldwide. Some examples of solid redemption options include:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Rome: 50,000 points per night
- The May Fair, London: 70,000 points per night
- Radisson Blue Hotel, Amsterdam: 70,000 points per night
It’s also worth noting that Radisson Rewards will let you pay with cash and points. This option can let you stretch your points further overall. For the Radisson Blu Hotel in Rome, for example, the cash and points rate is just 15,000 points plus $130.
How to Earn Radisson Rewards
One of the best ways to earn Radisson Rewards points is by signing up for their loyalty program and paying for stays within the Radisson Hotel Group portfolio of hotels. However, the easiest way to earn points in the Radisson Rewards program is to sign up for one of their co-branded credit cards.
Currently, the hotel credit card offering the best value in the Radisson Rewards program is this one:
Radisson Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card:
- Automatically get upgraded to Radisson Rewards Gold status with the Radisson Rewards Visa Card
- Earn up to 3 free nights! Earn one free e-cert for each $10,000 spent (up to $30,000)
- 40,000 renewal bonus points each year when you renew your card by paying the annual fee
- 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at the Radisson Family of Hotels (not including prizeotel), 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else
- Up to 85,000 Bonus Points – receive 50,000 points after your first purchase plus 35,000 points once you spend $2,500 on your card within the first 90 days
If you’re interested in signing up for the card or learning more, you can do so here.
Radisson Rewards Giveaway
This week, I’m also hosting a Radisson Rewards giveaway and awarding two of my readers with 100,000 Radisson Rewards points that are redeemable worldwide. Enter by 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, July 15, 2018 and I’ll select two winners and announce them on Monday, July 16, 2018. Winners will need to sign up to be Radisson Rewards members to receive the prize.
To enter, all you have to do is answer one of the following questions:
- At which hotel within Radisson’s portfolio would you be most excited to use the Radisson Rewards Visa credit card?
- Is there a destination you’d add to your bucket list just so you could stay at that Radisson hotel? Tell us the destination and hotel!
- After you earn all of the bonus points for signing up for the Radisson Rewards Visa Card where would you stay with your points?
- Which Radisson Rewards Visa card perks are your favorite?
You can submit your entry via one of the following formats:
- Following me on Twitter and sending me a tweet with your comment and include the hashtag #radissonrewardsvisa
- Following me on Facebook and posting a comment on my wall with the hashtag #radissonrewardsvisa
- Joining the “Frugal Travel with Holly Johnson” Facebook group and posting a comment with the hashtag #radissonrewardsvisa
- Following me on Instagram and posting a comment with the hashtag #radissonrewardsvisa
I will notify winners on Monday, July 16th, so make sure to enter by the midnight EST deadline on Sunday the 15th!
Contest Disclosure and Rules
A random drawing will be conducted on or about Monday, July 16, 2018 from all eligible entries received during the giveaway period. The Sweepstakes is conducted under the supervision of the administrator.
You may enter the Sweepstakes by taking one or more of the following steps:
- leaving a comment on this blog post
- following Holly Johnson on Twitter and sending her a tweet including the hashtag #radissonrewardsvisa
- following Club Thrifty on Facebook and posting a comment on her wall with the hashtag #radissonrewardsvisa
- joining “Frugal Travel with Holly Johnson” Facebook group and posting a comment with the hashtag #radissonrewardsvisa
- following Club Thrifty on Instagram and posting a comment with the hashtag #radissonrewardsvisa
Tweets, Facebook, Instagram and blog comments posted between now and 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, July 15, 2018 within the giveaway period will be entered into the giveaway. You are limited to one entry per platform; leaving multiple comments on the Facebook page, Facebook group, Twitter, Instagram, or the blog will not lead to additional entries. Individuals may win a maximum of one (1) prize.
To enter the Radisson Rewards Visa Giveaway, you must be a legal U.S. resident, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and legal age to enter giveaways as required by each state. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees, directors, and officers of Club Thrifty, Radisson Hospitality Inc, of any promotion supporter designated by sponsor as ineligible, or of any of their respective affiliates, parent company, subsidiaries, or divisions are not eligible to enter. Immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) of any such employees, directors, and officers are also ineligible. Sweepstakes entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of sponsor, which shall be final on all matters.
Notification of Winners:
Potential winners will be contacted via direct message on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram or email and required to provide an email address and phone number. The potential winner will be notified by email or by phone within two (2) business days of the drawing.
If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prizewinner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such prizewinner will forfeit his or her prize, and an alternate winner may be selected.
If a potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prizewinner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected.
Each winner must also sign a liability and publicity release, allowing Radisson Hotel Group, anyone acting on its behalf, or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns to, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review, or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media, winner’s entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity, or information and for trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation. Failure to complete these forms may result in forfeiture of the prize. In the event a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Radisson Hotel Group may select an alternate potential winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries
A selected entrant must be or become a registered member in good standing with the Radisson Rewards Program in order to be awarded a prize. All Radisson Rewards Program rules regarding membership, points, offers, point accrual, point redemption, and benefits apply. To review Radisson Rewards Program terms and conditions, please visit www.radissonhotels.com/rewards/termsandconditions.
The retail value of rewards obtained will vary depending on the Radisson Rewards Program schedule and other factors, details of which may be found at https://www.radissonrewards.com/profiles/secure/joinRouter.do. The prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. No cash alternative or substitute to prize will be offered. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state or provincial, and local taxes and any expenses associated with any prizes. Additional points may be required, and rewards are subject to availability at the time of booking. The prize is not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one more items or services of equal or greater value.
Club Thrifty has received compensation for publishing this post as part of a paid marketing campaign on behalf of Radisson Hotel Group.