The holidays are long gone, we’re now well into the month of February. If you’re like most people, now is the time to start preparing and filing your taxes. By now you should have received all of your tax documents from the previous year and organized your donation and expense receipts. If you’re looking for a place to file your taxes, check out FreeTaxUSA.
At FreeTaxUSA you can file your federal tax returns for free. Filing services includes:
- Federal Tax Return
- Instant Status Notification
- Account Information Roll-over
- Customer Support
- Extension Filing
- Refund Direct Deposit
- Deduction & Credit Maximizer
- Online Backup of Completed Returns
FreeTaxUSA gives you simple step-by-step questions and instructions that take the worry and hassle out of doing your taxes. The website assists you by skipping sections that don’t apply to your tax return. You can import previous year’s tax data and your information is saved from year to year to save time.
Their service covers all federal returns, including investment, self employment, home ownership, rental income, farm income, and other tax situations including, but not limited to:
- Selling, Buying, or Owning a Home
- Education, College, and Teacher Credits
- Birth of a child
- Child Tax Credits
- Marriage & Divorce
- Earned Income Tax Credits (EIC)
- Capital Gains
- Office & Business Expenses
- Rental Income
- Investment Income or Losses
- Traditional & Roth IRAs
- Retirement and Pensions
- Military Income
- Charitable Contributions
- Gambling income
- Farm income
When filling taxes, especially on your own, you want to make sure what you submit is accurate. To help alleviate any concerns, FreeTaxUSA guarantees the accuracy of your tax calculations. If you are assessed any IRS penalties and/or interest due to a calculation error in their software, they will pay the interest and penalties.
How secure is FreeTaxUSA?
Millions of tax returns filed securely online using FreeTaxUSA. All of your personal information is encrypted and kept private though Truste, Verisign, and SecurityMetrics. FreeTaxUSA is an authorized IRS e-file provider.
What about the refunds?
FreeTaxUSA acts as your own personal accountant by assisting you in getting the biggest tax refund by utilizing:
- Maximum Deductions – Itemized and standard deductions are built into the website. Answering simple questions helps you find deductions.
- Maximum Credits – FreeTaxUSA helps you receive a bigger refund by advising you of available credits.
- Tax Exemptions – Tax exemptions are applied to your tax return as you progress.
- Writing off expenses – FreeTaxUSA software helps you find expenses to write off. Interview style questions help maximize your refund and minimize your liability.
What about state filing?
State filing is only $12.95.
For your convenience you can pay with an eCheck in addition to all major credit cards.
To save 25% on your state tax filing, use the code “FreeTaxUSA25.” I’m also giving away 5 codes for an upgrade to the FreeTaxUSA.com deluxe edition which includes audit assist, priority customer assistance, and unlimited amended returns. The first five commenters who show interest get them!