Good morning, everyone. I wanted to take a few moments to publicly disgrace myself….again. Remember how our May budget was an epic fail? Well, unfortunately our June budget turned out to be even more horrific and off balance. We had *a ton* of unexpected expenses pop up and the grand total of those knocked us completely off track. Here are the additional expenses that we had to pay in the month of June:
- Health Insurance: $377.41 (We have a two month lapse of coverage in between Greg’s old and new jobs so we had to buy a temporary policy on the open market. This was a planned expense.)
- Greg’s classes: $225 (Greg had to pay for a few of his classes for his new job. Luckily, he does get reimbursed for them eventually. This was a planned expense.)
- Greg’s cell phone and first month’s service: $177.05 (Greg doesn’t have a company paid cell phone for his new job so we had to buy one. This was a planned expense! )
- Greg’s new clothes: $125 (Yes, I did find him a new pair of swim trunks in the middle of the road. However, we also had to buy him some new clothes as well.
- Greg’s man trip: $160 (Greg is going on a guy-only trip in July. His flight was paid for with frequent flyer miles so we only had to pay for his hotel in June. The “fun money” for his trip will be included in our July budget.)
- Vacation to Mexico: $1625 (We decided to take a last minute trip to Mexico since Greg likely won’t be able to take a vacation for a while with his new job.)
Sheeeewwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee……are you guys noticing a pattern here? My man is getting expensive! He’s lucky I love him so much!
The good news is that my freelance income has been stellar. When I quit my job, I wasn’t 100 % sure how things would go each month. And after the amazing month I had in May, I thought that my income had probably peaked. However, I managed to beat it in June! Blog income was up as well and I’m pretty darn stoked about that. And since Greg is currently unemployed until he starts his new job, I’m starting to feel like a real sugar mama up in here. Greg received his last paycheck on July 1st and I am planning on using part of it for our July and August budgets. Hopefully he will be making money at his new job by September. We’ll see!
In other news, Greg’s new job requires that he disassociate himself from Club Thrifty. Therefore, I will be here all by my lonesome from now on. It really won’t be much of a change since I’ve been writing about 90% of our stuff for the past few months. However, it is kind’ve the end of an era for us. I’m sad that he’s leaving the blog but I’m super happy about his new job opportunity. I think he is going to do awesome!
In addition to Greg’s new job, I recently got interviewed for Kiplinger magazine. The story I was interviewed for was about Roth IRAs and I happened to be one of the people they chose to talk about why I have one. On top of that, they are actually taking our pictures for the inside of the September issue. I’m not gonna lie….I’m a little freaked out about it. Wish me luck!!!
So, how did your June budget go? Anything new and exciting going on?