First of all, I want you to know that Monday was quite possibly the worst day ever. Well, not really. It did suck though. Here is the basic rundown of what happened:
- Even though I should know better, I signed up for Comcast internet for our new house. (Why do I punish myself in this way???) Our first bill is already wrong, like $16.00 too much wrong, and I spent at least 45 minutes talking to someone who still hasn’t fixed it. Sigh.
- I wrote an $1,150 check to someone from the new checking account I opened when we moved to our new, permanent home. Well, apparently they thought that it was suspicious and flagged the check for fraud or something. So it basically made it look like I had non-sufficient funds, even though I certainly did not. Needless to say, I’m mortified and embarrassed.
- Once I started writing this post, I realized that I did not post an income update for December. I know that most of you don’t care, but I’m super mad at myself for letting it fall through the cracks. ‘Doh!
Anyways, without further adieu, the total amount of money of cash money that I grossed as a self-employed goddess in January was……*drumroll, please*
This total includes all of the money that I made from my various streams of income:
- Credit Card Sales
- Freelance writing
- Affiliate advertising
- Ghost Writing
Please remember that I make the majority of my income from a variety of freelance writing jobs, not my blog. If you’re interested in learning how to get freelance writing jobs, please check out this post:
Fortunately, the fact that I work from home means that my expenses are low, if not almost non-existent. However, I did spend a little bit of cash money on staff writing for our new website in January. Here is a basic rundown of my expenses from last month:
- Staff Writing: $240
- Blog Hosting: $12
- Internet $120
Here are my income posts from the past few months if anyone is interested:
- Cash Money: $7,230 in June Income, Blog Updates, and Goals
- Cash Money: $7,083 in July Income and Blog Updates
- Cash Money: $6,605 in August Income and Blog Updates
- Cash Money: $6,350 in September Income and Blog Updates
- Cash Money: $6,480 in October Income and Blog Updates
- Cash Money: $5,650 in November Income and Blog Updates
- Cash Money: $5,325 in December Income and Blog Updates
I am actually surprised that I was able to do so well last month since it all started out so dang slow. However, I did a ton of work towards the end of the month which really helped my bottom line. I’m hoping that February turns out good too. At this point, I believe it will since I just received a very large affiliate check from LinkOffers.com. They’ve owed me money FOREVA and I was seriously starting to think that I would never actually get paid. Whew. I also got hired for a high-paying writing job (one time gig) that might boost my income this month, but that’s IF I actually get paid this month. All my fellow freelancers know how that is.
Well, that’s what’s going on in my neck of the woods. We’re leaving for Jamaica on Friday so I’m making a final push through all of the assignments I need to get done before then. ‘Cause once Friday hits, it’s just gonna be me, Greg, and a bottomless Mojito in my hand.
How was your income in January? Was it up? Was it down? Please spill the beans in the comments below.