The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is one of the top cash back cards on the market.
Offering an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, this card takes the confusion out of quarterly bonuses and rotating categories. It also comes with a nifty signup bonus for those who meet the extremely low minimum spending requirement.
Additionally, the Capital One Quicksilver doubles as a nice 0% APR and balance transfer card. With no foreign transaction fees, you can even use this card when traveling abroad.
Sound good so far? Let’s take a closer look at what the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card has to offer.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card Highlights
- Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back – Let’s face it, the Capital One Quicksilver Card is all about earning unlimited cash back. With this card, you’ll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- No Rotating Categories – Since this card offers a flat cash back rate, there are no rotating categories to worry about. That also means you don’t have to sign up for the bonus each quarter.
- $150 Early Spend Bonus – Grab a $150 bonus when you open a new card and spend just $500 in the first three months. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
- Introductory 0% APR on Purchases – This card offers an introductory 0% APR on purchases for the first 15 months.
- Introductory 0% APR on Balance Transfers – Likewise, the card offers a 0% APR on balance transfers within the first 15 months. All balance transfers are subject to a 3% balance transfer fee or $5, whichever is larger.
- No Annual Fee – Unlike some cash back cards, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card does not charge an annual fee.
Where It Shines
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card is quickly becoming one of our favorite cash back credit cards, and for good reason. It’s simple to use, easy to understand, and doesn’t cost a thing to keep in your wallet.
With 1.5% unlimited cash back, the Capital One Quicksilver is a good card to use for everyday spending. Although it doesn’t offer the same rewards hauls that some cash back cards provide, the 1.5% cash back is on par with other unlimited cash back cards. Plus, you never have to worry about opting into those rotating quarterly bonuses. Simply stick the card in your wallet, whip it out for your everyday spending, and earn some nice cash back rewards.
Additionally, the Quicksilver offers a very nice $150 early spend bonus (ie: signup bonus). By making just $500 in purchases during the first three months, you’ll pocket the bonus and be on your way. That is practically free money!
If you’re looking for a solid 0% APR option, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers that, too. The card comes with a very competitive 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months you have it. Keep in mind, however, that balance transfers are subject to a balance transfer fee of either 3% or $5 – whichever is greater.
Finally, one of our favorite things about the Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card is that it comes with no annual fee. On top of that, there are also no foreign transaction fees. So, while I definitely prefer a good travel card, you can certainly use this card overseas without worrying about getting whacked with fees.
What You May Not Like
If you’re somebody who prefers simplicity in your credit cards, there’s not much here to dislike.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card keeps things simple by offering a flat 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Even better, those cash back rewards are unlimited so you don’t have to worry about spending caps.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to maximize your cash back spending, the Quicksilver Cash Card may leave a little to be desired.
Sure, the unlimited 1.5% cash back is nice. When compared to other unlimited cash back cards, it’s also very competitive. With that said, several cards offer far more cash back for spending in certain categories. These cards often come with their own set of challenges – including bonus categories, spending caps, and (sometimes) annual fees – so keep that in mind before making your decision.
Who Is This Credit Card Good For?
- Those searching for unlimited cash back – If you’re looking for an unlimited cash back card with a simple yet solid cash back rate, it’s hard to beat the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card. Earning an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases, this card definitely deserves your consideration.
- People who crave simplicity – Tired of dealing with bonus categories or points and miles redemptions? This card makes things super simple. Simply use it on your everyday expenses and earn a flat 1.5% on everything you purchase.
- Users needing a balance transfer – Although some balance transfer cards offer a longer introductory APR, the 15-month 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers found on the Quicksilver is still a solid benefit.
- Anybody who wants to earn $150 – This card comes with a $150 early spend bonus. All you have to do is spend $500 in the first three months and the bonus is yours. Easy peasy!
Who Should Avoid This Credit Card?
- Heavy travelers – Yes, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card comes with no foreign transaction fees. However, if you’re a frequent traveler, need more travel perks and protections, or simply want to earn travel rewards, this is not the best card for you. Check out our list of the best credit cards for travel rewards instead.
- People who love bonus categories – The Quicksilver Cash Rewards card is a straightforward cash back card that offers a flat 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Still, other cards offer more cash back for certain types of spending. If you want to maximize every last cent you spend, you may want to consider another cash back card instead (or combine your spending with the Quicksilver).
- Those with a bad credit score – To be approved for the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, you need a good to excellent credit score. If you don’t, check out these secured credit cards instead. Likewise, if you have a credit card spending problem or addiction, it is usually best to avoid credit cards all together.
Alternatives to the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card
Although the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card is one of our favorite cash back cards, it isn’t right for everybody.
If you like the idea of unlimited cash back, you should also consider the Chase Freedom Unlimited Card. This card currently boasts an introductory offer of 3% cash back on the first $20,000 you spend during your first year. After that, it earns an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. The card also comes with an introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months and no annual fee. Plus, if you carry one of Chase’s premium travel cards, you can also transfer your points to one of their travel partners at a 1:1 ratio.
The American Express Blue Cash Preferred is another card that deserves your consideration. This card offers a whopping 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming services. You’ll also earn 6% cash back on the first $6,000 you spend at grocery stores each year, 3% cash back at gas stations, and 1% back for everything else. There is also a hefty $250 welcome bonus available when you spend $1,000 in the first three months. The AMEX Blue Cash Preferred does come with a $95 annual fee, which also needs to be considered.
Cash back enthusiasts should also take a look at the original Chase Freedom Card. This card offers 5% cash back on the first $1,500 of combined purchases in categories that rotate each quarter. For everything else, you’ll earn a flat 1% cash back. A $150 signup bonus is also available once you spend $500 during the first three months you have the card. Like the Quicksilver, this card comes with no annual fee.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card Review: Final Thoughts
If you’re in the market for a good cash back card, the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card fits the bill. With unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases, this card offers a good cash back return while keeping things simple.
There is no annual fee, and you can even take advantage of a 15-month introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers. On top of that, they practically pay you to try it out. Earn a $150 early spend bonus when you make just $500 in purchases with the card during the first three months.
Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than that!