Word up, peeps! Welcome back to Club Thrifty’s VIP Club Roundup! Thanks for visiting, and be sure to subscribe to our blog before you head out.
We have had an exciting and busy couple of weeks here at Club Thrifty. Holly posted her regular staff post at Get Rich Slowly entitled “Knowing when to be a squeaky wheel,” and it got picked up by Lifehacker. She also did an interview with Average Joe on the “Two Guys and Your Money Podcast.” You can check out the interview by clicking on the image below. Holly’s portion starts at about the 8:30 mark, but we really encourage you to listen to the whole show because it is SUPER!
Here are some of our other posts that you really can’t miss!
- Parenting: Go the Fuck to Sleep
- 6 Tips for Making Home Ownership Available
- Juicing Vegetables: My Unfrugal Obsession
- The Queen of Versailles: What I Learned from the Siegels
- Our Credit Card Churning Plans for 2013
- My Dog Pablo: The Freeloading Genius
Best Search Terms
Here are some of our favorite search terms from the last week:
- club thrifty horrific (Thanks for the compliment!)
- watching sports numbs mind (Sunday is gonna be positively catatonic then.)
- am i crazy for wanting to rehab real estate
- my wife doesn’t like the gifts i get her (I feel your pain.)
- selling my ass on craigslist (So many questions. So little time.)
- pin ups atlanta “vip club”
- cheap ass fat men clothes
What Holly is Obsessed With This Week?
We’ve officially gone into vacation mode. We have hit the wall at work, and all we can think about is our upcoming vacation to the Dominican Republic in less than 2 weeks. Here is a sneak peek at where we are going, suckas!
Top 5 Posts
Here are 5 of our favorite posts from the last couple of weeks:
- Discerning Wants vs. Needs at My Alternate Life
- Today Is the Day to Stop Making Excuses at Money Beagle
- Is a Penny Saved a Penny Earned? via Edward Antrobus
- Work Less, Live More – Transition to Part-Time Work at Eyes on the Dollar
- Are We Headed for Another Great Depression? via The Frugal Farmer
…and here are two more for fun…
- Financial Lessons Learned at School by Vanessa’s Money
- …and Why Are Americans Clueless About Canada? which was written several weeks ago by Eddie at Finance Fox; however, Holly and I were just talking about this again yesterday, so I wanted to include it! Plus, it is my roundup so I can do what I want :p
Thanks again for all of the mentions and the support! We’ll be back next week with more of the personal finance awesome sauce. Until then, keep hitting us up on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest…and go pick up your VIP Club badge! Peace out!