Sometimes a credit card offer is so exciting that I literally want to shout it from the rooftops. Usually, I just call Greg at work when that happens. He typically listens for a while and feigns interest while simultaneously asking me what’s for dinner. He’s not all that into it, folks. Nope, not at all.
But he’s busy today, so instead I’m going to lay it on you- right here and right now. Are you ready? Please don’t go. I just want to talk. I swear it’s an amazing deal!!!!! Don’t hang up…..
Anyway, I’m ecstatic to report that the Starwood Preferred American Express 30K offer is back after sitting at 25K since last summer. The deal is this:
- Earn 10,000 after your first purchase and another 20,000 when you spend $5,000 within 6 months of card ownership
- Earn 1 Starpoint for every dollar of eligible purchases (and more on eligible Starwood purchases)
- The $65 annual fee is waived for the first year
- This signup bonus is not available to those who have earned it in the past
So, after meeting the minimum spending requirement, you’ll have at least 35K starpoints to burn. But what does that get ya?
What Can You Get with the Starwood Preferred 30K Bonus?
Well, it depends. The Starwood program lumps hotels into 7 different categories with different amounts required for a free night. Here are a few super cool options from each category:
Category 1 (2,000-3,000 points per night):
- Four Points by Sheraton Punta Cana Village- Dominican Republic
- Le Meridian Heliopolis- Egypt
Category 2 (3,000-4,000 points per night):
- The Westin Zagreb- Croatia
- The Great Wall Sheraton Hotel- Beijing, China
Category 3 (7,000 points):
- The Westin Novia Scotian- Canada
- Sheraton at the Falls Hotel- Niagra Falls, New York
- Four Points by Sheraton- Brussels
- Sheraton Golf Parco de’ Medici Hotel & Resort, Roma- Rome, Italy
Category 4 (10,000 points):
- Sheraton Sand Key Resort- Florida
- The Westin Grand- Berlin, Germany
- Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center- Argentina
Category 5 (12,000-16,000 points):
- The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa- Cayman Islands
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa- St. Maarten
- The Park Lane Hotel- London
Category 6 (20,000-25,000 points):
- The St. Regis Atlanta
- The Royal Hawaiian- Honolulu, Hawaii
- The Westin Europa & Regina- Venice, Italy
Category 7 (30,000-350,00 points):
- The St. Regis Residence Club, Aspen
- W Paris Opera- Paris, France
- Hotel President Wilson- Geneva, Switzerland
- Le Meridien Bora Bora- French Polynesia
There are literally hundreds of Starwood properties to choose from all over the world, so there is no way I could list them all here. If you want to browse Starwood properties, just go here. Note: You can change the category in the right corner of the page.
But….Is the Starwood Preferred 30K Bonus is a Good Deal?
Wow, you’re really asking stupid questions today. Of course it is. Unless, of course, you hate vacationing and free hotel stays. If that’s the case, get the hell off of my website, capiche?
Why I love this card:
- We plan to travel abroad again next year and Starwood has properties nearly everywhere we want to go. Those free stays will definitely come in handy.
- When you book 4 consecutive nights at a category 3-7 hotel, you get the fifth night free. Winning!
- The $5,000 minimum spending requirement sounds like a lot, but they do give you six months to get the job done. That’s enough time for most people.
- There is no annual fee the first year.
- They offer a personal and business version, and you can get both!
I don’t have a affiliate link for this card. However, if you plan on getting the business version, I get 5,000 bonus starpoints for referring you. If want an email with a referral link for the business version of this card, I can send it to you right away. Just let me know in the comments!
Have you ever earned or redeemed starpoints? If so, how do you plan to use them?