2013 has been a strange year for us. We moved, which is something I thought we may never do. We quickly and easily sold our home, which is something I thought would be difficult. Our kids transitioned smoothly to a new daycare, even though we expected the worst. And, we stumbled upon a nice place to live temporarily while we search for a new home, which is something that I never expected.
So, even though Greg quit his job to try sales, and hated it, we’re still better off than we were a year ago for a variety of reasons. We’ve built up our assets this year, for instance, and stayed debt free. We’ve also maintained our good health, which is something that I’m eternally grateful for. And even though our lives still aren’t perfect, I still have so many things to be thankful for. So, I wrote a cheesy Thanksgiving post to outline some of the things I am thankful for on a daily basis. Here are a few:
- I’m thankful for the love and support of my husband who lets me stay at home and work in my pajamas all day.
- I’m thankful that we have the means to adequately care for our family, and to save for their future as well.
- I’m thankful for another year with my dog Pablo, the freeloading genius. He turned 11 this year. Due to some tumors in his chest, I’m not sure how many years he has left.
- I’m pissed about the Affordable Care Act, but I’m thankful that we all have our health. As maddening as it all is, I can’t imagine navigating through it all while trying to manage an illness and maintain a constant rate of care.
- I’m incredibly thankful for my extended family and parents. They are the best!
- I’m thankful for my kids who always manage to brighten up my day.
- I’m thankful that a dear family member is currently winning her fight against pancreatic cancer like a boss.
- I’m thankful for all of the job opportunities I have been given in the freelance world, although there are sometimes too many!
- And, I am eternally thankful to everyone who stops by and reads, comments, or shares what I write. You’re awesome.
Well, most of you are awesome.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?