Good morning, Thriftaholics!  In case you’re out of the loop, Greg took a job in a town about 30 minutes away.  And since Greg has to be “on call” for work a few days a week, we have to move.  We put our house on the market a few weeks ago, and we had several showings almost immediately.  In the meantime, we started looking at tons of houses in our new area. We found several houses that we liked and many that were awful.  But, regardless, we didn’t want to move forward with anything until we had a feel for when our house might sell.  And, since we had only been on the market a few days, we weren’t expecting anything to happen quite yet.

Then, after six days on the market, we got the news that someone may be putting an offer on our home.

So we waited…..

And waited some more.  Unfortunately, the couple that wanted our house chose to follow through with an offer on another home.  We were back to square one.  So, to perk us up, our realtor decided to do an open house this past Sunday. And, much to our surprise, someone from the open house loved our house enough to make an offer.  A really low offer.

So, we went back and forth four or five times.  Finally, we drew the line on our end and said that we wouldn’t sell for anything less than $160,000.  (We listed for $163,500).  After all, our house had only been on the market for 13 days.  There was no reason to start wheeling and dealing quite yet, you know?  However, at the same time, we didn’t really want to mess around.  The house across the street from us took over six months to sell and that would be a recipe for disaster for Greg’s new job situation.  Fortunately, they chose to accept our final offer and we entered a contract to sell our home in 45 days.  We had no idea that it could happen quite so fast….so we’re kind’ve freaked out!

Even though we have a deal, there are still a few things that could go wrong.  Since our buyer has to sell their home to buy ours, there is a chance that the whole deal could fall through.  However, they do have an accepted offer on their home which appears to be legit.  We shall see…..

We May Be Homeless

Since our closing date is tentatively scheduled for November 1, we don’t have a lot of time to find a home.  If we don’t have any luck house hunting, I suppose we’ll be living in an apartment for a while until something comes along.  The thought of living in an apartment, and moving twice, sounds horrifying so I really hope we don’t have to go that route.  Stay tuned!

Readers, can you picture me living in a small apartment with my husband, dog, and two kids?  Also, have you had any crazy home selling experiences?